Your first day of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu should put a couple butterflies in your stomach. Starting something new is always exciting. Nothing can wreck a new experience like showing up unprepared.
Here is a list of things to pack for your first day of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
- Lay off the booze the night before. Hangovers and BJJ are a terrible mix.
- Have your workout bag ready to go evening before. If you try to prep in the morning you are bound to forget something essential. Your workout bag should at the least include: fresh gi, workout shorts, clean shirt, spare underwear, water, sandals or shoes you can kick off easy.
- Don’t eat a large meal before going in for your first day. Small snacks only. Make sure that they are healthy. Apples, bananas, this sort of thing. No food 2 hours before. A heavy late lunch can reappear later on the mat.
Bring at around 30oz of cold water for during and after workout. Gatorade/sport drinks are fine, but post workout but they will taste like a blast of sugar in a bad way. Water is all your body really needs.
- Bring a small bottle of ibuprofen in your workout bag. Just in case.
- A small hand towel to wipe down after your workout is a good idea.
This is a solid list. Did I miss something? Leave your idea in the comment below.
See you on the mat & keep it classy.